What a great weekend! It was almost like being in California this weekend. Kyle and I were both able to hop on our bikes and ride around the area just like we did in Cali!
Kyle had Friday off at work so we were able to enjoy the day over at the grandparents house for a little relaxation and lots of good food. Uncle Scott and Aunt Kelly came up from DC to spend the weekend. Aunt Kelly and baby are looking fantastic! Mackenzie can't wait to meet her new cousin in 5 more months! It was neat to see Abby's reaction to Mackenzie. Since Abby has had puppies she was very protective of Mackenzie. She laid next to Mackenzie at all times making sure nobody got her. She still has her motherly instinct!
We celebrated the 4th all American style. Hot dogs and baseball. What better way to do it? We went to see the Phillies vs. Mets and it was a victorious day for the Phillies 4-1. Kyle has loved the Phillies since he was a kid; therefore, I have also grown fond of them. Mackenzie did great at the ball game! There was a lot of distractions going on with the two sections next us having rows of fans getting kicked out. It didn't phase her! We left about the 8th inning to rush back to our car to make sure we didn't have any flat tires. We were forced into a parking spot that people were using for drinking games before the game. Lets just say they weren't too happy when we pulled in. I think wearing Phillies shirts saved us and our car! We were exhausted when it came time for the fireworks so we watched a few from the roof top and the remaining on TV.
When you think of summer what cool mouth watering treat do you think of? ICE CREAM! Okay at least I crave ice cream in the summer. To fix this craving we headed down to Penn's Landing for an Ice Cream Festival today. Kara road her bike down from the yunk to meet us for a delicious treat. For 5 bucks you could eat ALL the ice cream you could stuff into your belly. Not just any kind of ice cream but top notch stuff. Ben and Jerry's, Eddy's, Turkey Hill, Starbucks, Good Humor....the list goes on. Kara even got her fix of water ice. It was great! We went a little ridiculous and had about 10 scoops of ice cream each. My favorite was by far Ben and Jerry's ( I forgot the flavor, which is good thing. I hope I don't remember it in the stores). I had 3 different scoops of theirs alone. Kyle's favorite also was Ben and Jerry's but a close second was Turkey Hill cookies and cream and graham slam. Mackenzie was full of smiles until she realized we weren't giving her any of the sweet goodness. So I quickly had to turn in my spoon and feed her instead. I think we had a years worth of ice cream. However that isn't going to stop me anytime soon! It was great! A must for next year. The best part about it was we were supporting the Children's hospital and leukemia. I used to run for this cause now I just eat for the cause. Whatever I can do to help!
Mackenzie turned the big 3 months today. She is growing up so fast. Recently she rolled over but on the couch. I am not sure if that counts but she is headed in the right direction. She is going to be a talker. She wakes up talking and puts herself asleep talking. She is always just talking and smiling. We just love trying to talk to her back. The first 3 months have been amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment