Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baby check up

It has been a busy week for us parents-to-be.  After two appointments for the week the baby is still cooking along.  Yesterday I had an ultrasound and Kyle made sure to tell them we do not know the sex.  The lady laughed and said at this point it would be hard to see the "parts" because of the position.  The head is VERY low! They told me it won't be able to turn up, so that is great news. I was right about being kicked in the ribs, the feet are buried under my rib cage.  So comfortable!  The baby is up to 5lb 6 oz, so lets see how big I can get this sucker!
We finished the labor series classes at the hospital last night.  It was comforting to be able to see the delivery room, not too shabby.  I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with the whole labor part of having a baby.  The class also went into a lot of details about the postpartum portion of having a baby(more helpful for Kyle to know what kind of crazy things I might be going through).  Tonight we have a breastfeeding class, we shall see how this one goes.  Each day is a day closer to seeing this little bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment