We had a wonderful time visiting both the Emerick's and the Haaga's over the weekend! It was a beautiful weekend to venture south for a little fun.
We headed out of DE early Saturday morning to Aunt Kelly and Uncle Scott's place. Kelly treated me to a relaxing afternoon getting a manicure. It was great to get out and have a little time to myself. Kyle and Scott hung out at the house. They attempted to set up a little corn hole in the yard but discovered the mice also enjoy the game. They decided to chomp down on the corn. Opps! In the afternoon we headed over to Haaga's for a little BBQ. It turned out to be a wonderful night with no humidity or bugs! The food was also delicious! The most exciting part of the visit was seeing Jake crawl! How exciting! It was a good thing Stacie remembered that he hadn't shown us his talent before bed time. I realized that Mackenzie knows her bed time and that made the evening a little more difficult. So we had to depart to get Mac asleep. She sure did sleep good once she got to bed...until 6:45am! : )
On Sunday, we went down to DC to walk around the monuments with Scott and Kelly.
I can't believe it has been over 20 years since I last went to DC to look at the monuments. I needed a little refresher especially with all the new memorials. Again it was a perfect day to walk around. We had a little picnic down by the new WWII memorial.
We had such a great time we can't wait to go back. So much to do and explore! Maybe bring our bikes is in store for next trip!
Thanks for making our weekend so enjoyable Emerick's and Haaga's!
Today Mackenzie and I headed to the hospital to meet some friends for both of us. The hospital I delivered at has a class for new moms to come and just talk and ask questions about anything. The class was packed nearly 20 moms, infants and strollers. It was a wonderful first time experience and great to hear that other mom's go through the same thing. Following the class we all went to lunch to continue to talk. You could definitely tell that we all hadn't been out much. the great thing about these little classes is you get to go back several times and continue to build friendships. It was great for me and Mackenzie. I did get to brag a little about Mackenzie sleeping all the way through the night. I was kind enough to share the secret about the miracle blanket, it sure is a miracle!
No comments:
Post a Comment